Great Opportunity to Being a Published Writer.
we welcome all writer to contribute us. Writing for Core Aspect is a great way to gain experience and reach over 5k to 10k new readers per month.
our editorial team will also be there to help you along the way, so you aren’t flying solo! As one guest poster recently noted on our Trello boards:
Writing guest blog posts for us will provide you the invaluable experience of being published, without the thoughtless (and, quite frankly, heart-wrenching) rejection letters.
Additionally, we pay 500 to 1000/article, depending on the length/topic/quality.
We do not publish sponsored content or paid articles.
When you are ready to write for us, there are a few things you should probably know:
- Here at Craft Your Content, we tend to be a bit picky. We expect that your content is creative, original, high quality, and useful to the “Core Aspect” audience. So if you’re going to pitch us an article, tell us how it fills these requirements.
- Don’t just pitch us an idea, write the damn thing! While we value great ideas, we value great writing even more. We need to know from the start that you can pull off a stellar writing job, and that you aren’t just an idea machine. Detailed outlines or rough drafts are definitely a plus.
- We don’t publish pricks. As much as we like grammar-savvy writers (it makes our jobs a whole lot easier), we LOATHE condescending pricks who get on a holier-than-thou grammar high horse and tell everyone else how stupid they are. So while we invite sarcastic, snarky writers, we don’t want you insulting our readers.
Writing for “Core Aspect” isn’t like writing for snooty, academic types. Our content encourages dialogue between the writers and their readers. Over the years, we’ve compiled a list of characteristics that make for a great blogger. While you’re writing, keep these guidelines in mind:
- Keep it Conversational: Speaking in first or second person helps keep the article casual, and the tone inviting. Think of your guest post as a personal blog, then write it.
- Simplify it: Though you are encouraged to support your arguments with facts and statistics, keep the writing simple and to the point. Keep paragraphs short and break sections up with headers.
- Tell a story: The main reasons why we write are to inform and to entertain, so entertain our readers. Keep your posts interesting and relevant.
- Know how to start and know how to end: It’s important for our readers to know what to expect at the beginning of the article, and what they’ve learned at the end. Be clear and be concise. But don’t flat out say, “In this article I will show you…” or “In closing…” —instead, make sure to include solid introduction and conclusion paragraphs.
If you can follow these guidelines, you’re on the write (see what I did there?) path to getting published. As for content, here are some topics we love to see on our website:
- Word Nerdery: Anything about writing and language is sure to interest our readers
- Grammar Geekery: Everyone needs to know about those nitty-gritty grammar details
- Business Ideas: We love posts that incorporate business and writing and the beautiful relationship between the two
- Personal Productivity: Because let’s face it, everyone could use a tip or two on how to be more productive.
- Creative Mindset: Getting in the zone, staying in the zone, and getting the most out of that zone.
- Other: Anything else that is related, but not listed
Now that you’ve learned the know-how’s and no! don’t!’s of writing guest posts for “Core Aspect”, submit your article or concept via “this form”. Feel free to email us with any questions you may have about the process. (We are unable to accept unsolicited submissions via email – please use the below form so we can get a comprehensive idea of both yourself and your piece.)
Good luck — we can’t wait to hear from you! ~ Core Aspect Team