Kids these days face more challenges than any generation that came before.
Between cyber-bullying, the over-use of technology in general and things like STAAR testing, the amount of stress kids face is incredible.
Add to that a busier work schedule for parents that often has both parents working outside the home, and it’s no wonder kids may feel overwhelmed.
As we look for ways to boost their self-esteem, kids yoga is one of the most powerful activities you may not have thought of.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How yoga helps you and your kids
- The self-esteem challenges kids face today
- The proven benefits of kids yoga
- 34 Best kids yoga exercises that your kids will love
- Easiest kids yoga poses to start with
- The most fun kids yoga games
- Easiest kids yoga poses for improved coordination
- The best kids yoga poses to calm the mind
- Best yoga poses for building strength
- Top kids yoga poses for healthy weight management
- The top animal poses (That kids will love to copy)
- The best poses for building outrageous flexibility
- The proven power of the breath in kids yoga
- Best kids yoga poses for kids with autism
- Great yoga poses for improving self-regulation
- Awesome yoga poses for active kids
- Poses to help kids connect their emotions and their body
- The best kids yoga poses done with their favorite songs
- Confidence building kids yoga poses
- Kids yoga poses that look like cool martial arts moves
- Next level poses for more advanced kids
- How kids yoga can reshape your child’s self-image
How yoga helps you and your kids
Yoga has been popular in our culture for decades now.
It can be done at home on your own or in a yoga studio. You can even pull up your favorite style of yoga on YouTube and follow along. Aside from maybe a yoga mat, no special equipment is needed.
Yoga is a great exercise for both reducing stress and centering and calming the mind. But it also builds core strength and balance.
Yoga comes from India and was created thousands of years ago.
In Sanskrit, yoga means “to unite”. In this case, the union is between the mind and the body or even the spirit and body.
While yoga is part of the Hindu religion it has been embraced by all cultures and religions across the world.
With its heavy focus on the breath, yoga is a great way to build coordination and flexibility while naturally helping with stress management.
Learn more about why you should do yoga here:
Thus, finding ways to incorporate kids yoga into your child’s activity schedule is a great way to help them navigate the sometimes troubled waters of adolescence.
The self-esteem challenges kids face today
Kids today face incredible challenges.
Bullying, especially cyber-bullying on social media, has become rampant over the past decade. So finding ways to teach our kids how to overcome bullying is crucial.
But we also see our kids stressed and challenged by:
- High parental and school expectations
- Body image issues
- Peer pressure
All of these can take their toll on our kid’s self-esteem. They can lead to depression, drug or alcohol abuse or even suicidal thoughts.
So as parents, we must find a way to help our kids.
Kids yoga is an easy way to help your child improve their self-esteem and feelings of self-worth.
The proven benefits of kids yoga
The benefits of kids yoga are many, but a few of the top ones are:
- Improve their body awareness
- Improved stress management
- Builds focus and concentration
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Improved coordination and flexibility
In short, kids yoga is an easy way to get them moving and off electronic devices. It’s also a healthy weight management practice too. Of course there are other healthy exercises for kids too, so check them all out: