For any person who is conscious about their health, it’s hard to imagine working towards health goals without a fitness tracker watch or apps these days. They provide good estimates and data that you can use to better improve yourself and help you stay on track with your health goals.
But since when they first came out, many companies have gone out and released their fitness trackers. Today, we’ll be taking a look at some of the most affordable fitness tracker watches from various brands.
Choosing a Fitness Tracker Watch
Before diving into the list of best fitness trackers watches, I’ll explain the criteria we took into consideration when picking these 11 fitness trackers. These criteria should help you choose the right fitness tracker watch for you.
- Features – By now, many fitness trackers will count steps, calories, distance, and summarize your activities. However, some will do more like track sleep patterns and have alarm functionality. Others will have less.
- Waterproof – You might not regularly go swimming, but you still want your fitness trackers to be resilient against rain and water in general. Most of them will be waterproof, but you may find some that don’t.
- Notifications – Many fitness trackers now can connect to your smartphone and send notifications there. Others may have a large enough screen for you to see notifications on the fitness tracker as well. This can be useful if you’re the type of person who gets plenty of messages throughout the day.
- Battery life – Knowing how long these fitness trackers can last is helpful. Furthermore, how long it takes to charge is also worth considering.
- Is it easy to use? – From the ease of icons to the overall navigation, you don’t want a fitness tracker to be cumbersome to navigate.
- Reasonable price with these features – Affordability is key, of course. You want to compare the price to the number of things you can do and determine whether it’s worth it. It’s not worth it if the fitness tracker has few features but is asking for over $100.
1. Fitbit Inspire HR
The first on our list is from the brand that started these gadgets in the first place: Fitbit. Fitbit has a wide variety of fitness bands for you to try out and provide a tonne of value for the price they ask.
Their Inspire HR brand provides your basic functions of measuring heart rate during and after workouts, calories burned, steps, distance, and more. It even tracks sleeping patterns. The battery life is about five days, water-resistant to up to 50 meters down, and can withstand temperatures from 14 to 113 degrees Farenheight.
2. Xiaomi Mi Band 4
If you’re looking for a much cheaper option, the Xiaomi brand is another brand to look at. This is a Chinese brand that offers a lot of promise. For a fairly low price, you can get a band with a battery life of up to 20 days, health monitoring (heart rate, sleeping), offers exercise modes, and is water-resistant to upwards of 50 meters.
The rub with this product is again this is from a Chinese company and some customers have had complaints about packaging and the product itself being in Chinese. It all comes down to the version that’s bought, but there is a simple guide to changing the language based on what band you purchased.
3. Garmin Forerunner
Out of the fitness tracker watches here, this one is specifically built for runners in mind. Garmin is another strong brand that offers stellar value. Because this band is built for a specific group of people, it’s best to get this if you are serious about running regularly and in other events.
In terms of features, this fitness tracker offers GPS and music advanced training features, evaluates your pace to see if you are training too much or too little, running dynamics, and more. It has a battery life of up to 7 days too. If you’re a runner, this is a great investment.
4. Fitbit Charge 3
Another classic Fitbit product is the Charge series. The Charge series does offer more functionality than Inspire, but the difference isn’t a lot. The Inspire series lacks notifications and has no way of notifying you. The Charge series offers notifications, connectivity with different apps, such as weather apps, and boost functionality